2012. december 3., hétfő

Silent Joy


Waiting has started. We just had the first Advent Sunday of 2012.


This year I finally made it. I could, among the many hours of preparation for the upcoming Xmas Bazaar and all the things we had to do to get ready for it, I said to myself 'the day will not go by without making a few rounds in the garden.' I have not been outside for long when I decided to take a look to see some trees. Earlier, my father told us that this year will be a special one. 

We've had this garden for so many years, but I still remember when we spent weeks thinking about where to plant pine trees we wanted to have in the garden. Some were well placed, some did not have such good luck, but one thing is certain. After all these years, last year was the first that two of the silver pine trees (ezüstfenyő) grew so tall and big that they were actually blocking the view from my parents' room. 

So, one tree was cut and 'shipped' (it did not have a long journey though as it basically took about 10 minutes to get to the village church). It was our Christmas present for the village, which was the best place for our tree. It had spent the last 30 years with us, and the village it was still near.

 The other Christmas tree charmed us through last year's holiday season, and it stood beautifully through all warm days inside the house.



As I said, this year yet again, will be special. We have two more Xmas trees coming, and this time we can have one as well. We are thrilled, this never happened before. They will stand in the garden as long as it is possible. Ours is a very tall, 'skinny' tree, just about perfect (I do not care much for symmetry). I do not think that it is going to be a tradition to have our Xmas trees cut from our garden though. We just do not have the heart to cut down the really huge trees. And spring coming, of course, we will plant new ones again for my daughter and hopefully her kids. Perhaps I still will be able to see them enjoy a tree from the garden. Hopefully or as Spanish speakers say it so humbly and beautifully, fitting this holiday season: "Si Dios quiere"...


SmallHill (Kishegy), Hungary



Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése